10 October 2008

FO: BSJ and Bootees



Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket [Ravel it.] and Bootees [Ravel it.] by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club 2007 Bella Coola/Nuxalk Mediumweight
Needles: US5
Notions: Buttons from Purl Diva
Mods: Dispensed with ties on bootees, as I was almost out of yarn

Ah, the BSJ. Such a fun pattern once you conquer the double increases and decreases (it can be difficult to see exactly where they go, but I can read my knitting well enough now to see where they should happen). And the Bootees are equally fun and much quicker, of course. Not much else to say on this one. I loved the yarn and think it's one of those colorways that would work for a boy or girl. Penelope is modeling, but they are going to her cousin John who was born a month ago.

In other news, we're licensed to wed! I don't think we'll wait for the new NYC Marriage Bureau, lovely as it sounds. We'll keep you posted :)

2 comments:

  1. That is NOT a newborn baby! She is so BIG!!! Oh my! Isabella must be in college!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo cute. can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete