05 June 2007

WWYD?

What would you do the day you got out of rehab? Would you call your daughter? Would you apologize to your soon-but-not-soon-enough to be ex-wife? You might. I'd like to think I would. But not that person.

I know this is a knitting blog, but I'm at this point where I can knit but I'm having trouble thinking about anything much. I go to sleep and wake up thinking about ... crap. (Sorry, I like to keep the blog clean, so insert the euphemism of your choice.)

The day I spent paying bills for the house that this man hadn't taken care of, I see on the online bank account that he has just ordered $150 worth of flowers from one of the nicest florists in town (Winston's, for Bostonians). Isobel didn't receive any flowers. Neither did I or his mother. So, that leaves that woman. Or as his mother calls her "his friend". Ugh. Double ugh.

And the realtor we should go with came in with the lowest estimate. I am so sick of all this. I can't wait for it all to be over.

In happier knitting news, I'm almost finished with the raglan rollneck sweater. Just a couple of inches to go on the second sleeve. And I'm so bored!!! All I want to do is knit something else. And the problem with top-down sweaters is that you have to do the sleeves attached to the body, which makes things a little awkward.

So, I started a Little Arrowhead Shawl by Pam Allen from the Summer '06 IK ("Sweet Somethings" towards the bottom of the page) with a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck in the Water "colorway". I'm using US6s, having swatched with US7s and felt it was too open with the sock yarn. The yarn is a treat (my third time knitting a shawl with it), and someday I'll have to make some socks with it!

I also ordered myself some pity yarn from Laughing Rat's etsy shop: some mohair for something and some merino lace for Icarus in a scrumptious Robin's Egg blue color, and sock yarn in lovely Pacific for something else. Her colors are very pretty, and she offers a number of yarn options and roving. I'll let you know what it's like when I have it in hand, probably tomorrow or Friday.

So, stash growth continues. As does the book stash! The woman who used to own my house dropped some knitting books off, and my MIL sent them on to me. I'll have to take a picture. The one that I am very keen on is Cheryl Potter's Handpaint Country. I wouldn't have bought it on my own. I think I have some issues with XRX book design. But there are a few designs in there I will knit, and I'm looking forward to learning more about dying.

3 comments:

  1. Geez. I sure hope that sooner rather than later your life can just go on the way you would like it to, you certainly deserve that. I'll be doing my best to send positive thoughts your way.

    Oooh, some of the Laughing Rat colors! Must.Not.Buy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know the man is an alcoholic but is he insane too? It must be so tough to see someone you used to love and who loved you became such an asshole, I am so sorry. Don't worry about the knitting/personal blog thing, I am sure most of your readers feel the same as I do, we are interested in whatever part of your life you want to or need to share, it is your blog after all.

    Is it a bad time to tell you I tagged you with 8 random things? Sorry I know these things are kinda a pain but I suffer silly guilt over being the one to "break the chain" for some bizarre reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's breathtakingly awful. I'm so sorry! I hope you don't have any credit cards in common and that he can't inflict any debt onto you at this point. Emotional debt, definitely, but you have the high ground of knowing you tried your best and that you were there for him through what was supposed to be his recovery. Knowing your actions were ones of love and caring about him will become a source of great strength to both you and your daughter in the things to come.

    ReplyDelete