02 May 2007

Where does the time go?

How did it get to be May? Ugh. Sorry to go quiet there for a little while, but we went up Nort' to Door County, Wisconsin, for the weekend with my parents. This meant I got quite a bit of knitting done en route, since it's over four hours each way, and Isobel slept for some of it. Can't show you what I worked up, since it hasn't been sent to the intended yet, but suffice it to say it's pretty and soft and light as a feather (and blue). I bought the yarn at Montoya and the woman who helped me pointed out a piece in the window that she'd done using the yarn (suspiciously Kidsilk Haze-like, though it has no silk, just man-made fibers - sorry! I couldn't resist the color) as a carry-along fiber. She seemed surprised that I would use it on its own.

Anyway, I'm now working on some opera gloves in leftover Alpaca Silk from the Mermaid Sweater but seem to have lost the mojo there for a moment. I would my skein of BMFA Seduction Siren Song into a big ball yesterday and am waiting for it to tell me what it wants to be (of the shawl variety).

And my Rockin' Sock Club yarn arrived yesterday. Very nice. It's interesting that the BMFA ladies don't reskein the yarn, and cool that they include a reskeined "emergency" yarn, so you do get to see it all variegated up. Wish they'd show those on the website. Even those of us with advanced imaginations and color understanding sometimes have difficulty seeing the yarn as it will be.

Anyway, personal life is stinky. But Isobel is great. We bought her a potty today. Very exciting. Oh, and she does her own knitting now! Well, not really, but she loves to have her own skein and some needles to play around with and has been "making shawls for you" for me and my parents for the past few days. What a hoot!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, so sorry to hear things are crazy right now. What is in the air, seriously!? So many crazy things going on for a whole of people ;)

    Can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Isobel is starting to knit young! Good Girl.

    Have you seen "Anne" the Schaffer sock (shawl) yarn. So beautiful. We have some in the shop and it is "flying" out the door. J-Knits and Seacoast will be visiting us soon. Rowan on Saturday! Any Rowan suggestions? Yes, I know, Silk Kid Haze, what else?

    Miss you. Take care. XXOO
    LW

    ReplyDelete